Da Nang Trip- Little moments, big memories

I've visited Da Nang a few times, I only stay for one or two nights before leaving to visit Hoi An, one of my favorite places. I decided to extend my stay in Da Nang after receiving an invitation from a buddy. Fortunately, I fell in love with Da Nang following my vacation. During my vacation, I had some fascinating experiences that would be remembered as unforgettable memories.

Cherry box

I just stayed for 5 days and 4 nights and purchased 7 kg of hand luggage. However, I am so concerned about my work that I chose to purchase an additional 2 kg for my laptop. I paid an additional 200k VND for two ways. VietJet is usually not strict about the food you bring because it is a local flight. As a result, I took a cherry box weighting approximately 1 kg to eat, which exceeded my luggage weight limit. There was a fight with the lady on the VietJet because she wanted me to buy another 4kg with 360k VND. It was fortunate after negotiating that I would eat all cherry before boarding without paying. 😂

About Couchsurfing

I'm quite impressed with the CS group in Da Nang. They are incredibly entertaining, pleasant, and helpful. I think that the host does an excellent job at connecting everyone and organizing weekly or occasional large events for people. Another experience is that they enjoy partying a lot. It reminds me to the time I spent in Singapore, partying like an animal. 

Food in Da Nang: I don't go to popular restaurants in Da Nang; instead, I like the food around where I stay. Da Nang's food prices are approximately 20% lower than those in HCM, yet the quality remains unchanged. However, I haven't had good experience with pasta 240k, which is extremely expensive when I can get the wonderful meals at Pizza 4P in HCM. Definitely, the next time I'll try more foods in Da Nang.

Da Nang must-sees: My companion took me to Lady Buddha, the night market, watched the dragon make fire and water, drank in Paradise, Trio 66, Le Funky Donkey and relaxed on the beach. 


Event in Hoi An: That's a fantastic event in the middle of autumn. We are the group that takes a cab from Da Nang to Hoi An in about an hour. I recall receiving the same questions twice regarding which countries I visited outside of Vietnam. To be honest, I only travel when I have a short break from work these days, and I only visit places close to Vietnam. I used to not have money but had the time to travel, but now I have money with no time to go. That's the life. 😭

Work remotely: Despite having vacation, I am unable to quit my work 😥. So I continued to work online for a few hours in the coffee shop. I hope my company will allow me to work remotely for few months to recharge my batteries haha 😄. Then I can bring more effort and new ideas into my work 😁

Triangle love: I believe that no one wants to be in the scenario, but I had the unpleasant experience during my vacation. For me, it is the best to leave it since it has a negative impact on my feelings that I deserve to obtain nice things in life.

Leaf hat: I was bored and lonely so I started a conversation with people selling "banh mi". We had a fantastic talking about his startup business story. He thought I was a travel agent and wanted to connect with me for business 😆. He gave me the leaf hat as a gift when I returned to Ho Chi Minh. I admire his kindness in  how he delivered the gift, not how valuable it is. This experience inspires me to return to Da Nang and engage with the locals.

When asked if I wanted to visit Da Nang again, I confidently said YES. I really enjoy the city, its people, the atmosphere, and the slower pace of life in comparison to HCM. Whatever stories I have, they are all the memories and experiences I gain. It makes me stronger and more mature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HÀ GIANG: THE JOURNEY OF YOUTH

DEAR JENN!